sending tools to oz

Guest craighannay

Guest craighannay

Hi there,my name is Craig

my question is, i am a joiner by trade and would like to take my tools to oz to start my new job,obviously over the years i have gathered quite a few bits to my collection

i cannot warrant getting a container 20ft, neither would i fill a half container

i was thinking down the lines of getting a shipping crate

does anyone know of any companys who simply deal with crates as appose to containers? or a container firm who deals with crates also

how do i know how big the crate needs to be,i have a list of tools which i am taking but without having the crate at my house to fill,who knows if it would be big enough,how do other people get round this query,and does the shipping company give you a qoute at your home like they do when using a container rather than the crate?

any advise please,thanks in advance

Yes, a friend of mine shipped his dive gear back from Australia about five years ago. I think he said it cost GBP250 for three large tubs (say 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft).

More recently (i.e. a fortnight ago) I have shipped 5 large cartons (cardboard, and similar in size to the olde tea chests) from the Uk to Indonesia GBP350 using Seven Seas. My wife found them through google by searching for "excess baggage". These companies essentially buy the odd bit of space in containers that are only partly filled.

The primary reason we went with Seven Seas is because they were one of the very few companies to ship to Balikpapan. There are plenty of similar companies out there and I'd bet 100% of them will ship to Oz, so shop around.

These companies charge by volume rather than weight, so they'll supply you with boxes of a set size. What we did was to get the measurements of the box, build one of our own and then see how many times we filled it.

any advise please,thanks in advance

Hope that helps. Now hit post_thanks.gif:D

Guest Hearne_Family

I shipped my toolbox over on its own using Doree Bonner, I was very paranoid about is as I have a lot of tools and was woried that something may happen to them due to their value ($18k), however, they arrived safely at my new place of work, the company they use this end is called Grace International.

Hope that helps you mate?

Terry.

Hi,

I am taking over my tool kit, I was advised too thoroughly clean each tool until its spotless using ‘Jeyes’ fluid, its an industrial disinfectant (you can get it in garden centres) it stinks, but it lets them know that you have actually made the effort.

Apparently in OZ they like a nice clean tool with a pungent odour!! Nice!

Try Cheap Parcel Delivery | Parcel Delivery Service | Parcel Collection | International Parcel Services | collectmyparcel.com vie organised them to pick up a 62x40x33cm box, 17kg, from Liverpool delivered to my folks place in sydney for £82. You can choose how much you want to insure for as well. Have a look for any excess baggage threads on here and there a a couple of other companies mentioned as well.

Archived